Saturday, July 27, 2013

Lori's Bridal Shower

I like order and schedules (as if y'all didn't know). I like to have things done in order and on time. The past few weeks Lori Anne, my beloved sister, has ruined that for me. First, she is proposed to. Says no. Changes her mind. Gets "engaged." And takes FOREVER to choose wedding colors. As to the quotation marks around engaged, she was not officially asked, AGAIN. Despite that small detail of not being really engaged, Lisa and I held a bridal shower for her at my house. 
We decorated in her, finally selected, wedding colors - blue, white and yellow. 
I chose food to make sure we weren't eating squirrel food. We had 7 layer bean dip, cookies, (and for Lori) pineapple and strawberries. 
(We finally finished our chairs, so I had to included those.)
 
And what is a bridal shower if you don't have a few silly games to play. Lori and Zach had to answer questions to see how well they knew each other. Zach had answered all but two answers correctly. Lori, well, each answer she got wrong she had to add another piece of bubble gum. Check out the wad.
After the silly and fun games, Lori opened her gifts. Makes me want to get married again. All my gifts are getting worn out after 8 years of marriage. I think that every 10 years you should get another reception/bridal shower.

And after the bridal shower for the unengaged bride, there was a surprise. Zach was waiting for Lori and made the engagement official.
 It was a fun day. One month and we will get to celebrate with them again. Weddings are fun.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous bridal shower!! Couple of days ago, has arranged my bridal shower at wedding venues. Was worried about it as it was my first party to arrange myself. Was greatly helped by my friends. As a result was able to throw an awesome bridal shower.

    ReplyDelete