Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Decorating the Tree

This year we spent Thanksgiving in New Mexico. I don't believe in having a tree up during Thanksgiving dinner, but since our dinner was not at our home - we put up the tree before Thanksgiving.
We've had a real tree for the past two years. I prefer real, but we thought we'd give a fake tree a go. I don't think we will use it next year :) It is too much work to set up. And all the prelit trees were only white. While white lights are pretty and can make prettier trees, we are a multi-color light family. So, I had to put on lights. Fake trees hurt more than real ones.



The kids helped supervise the placing of the lights from inside the tree.






Kids helped put up the wooden nativity that mom made me. This is currently August's favorite toy.



The girls had fun decorating August. August was not as amused as they were. But I think it is cute how happy he was as soon as the tinsel was removed!







After the lights were on. We got ready to decorate the tree. I really got into the spirit with the sweater I made Tyler. I don't know why he doesn't wear it more often.











One day I will have a pretty tree (formal) but now I love my tree with all its eclectic decorations. I love the nativity next to the storm trooper shooting his blaster. Elsa next to Santa. Seashells, homemade, ornaments from missions and childhood; they all make my tree so fun! I love the lower branches covered with ornaments for the first hour and then the rest of the month the tree is bare on the bottom two feet. 
Mimi - thanks for the ornaments. Kids loved them this year!
Pat - thanks for the tree skirt. I love the sparkles!




No comments:

Post a Comment