Sunday, June 16, 2013

Every Now and Then

Every now and then all my kids are happy. I am happy. And Tyler is happy. This was one of those weekends. Perhaps it is because I looked the other way while they destroyed their clothes and my clean car. Maybe it was the beautiful weather. Or maybe the kids saw how crazy Tyler and I have become and decided to calm down for a few days before they lose both parents to the nut house! What ever the cause it was a great weekend.

Friday - the kids played and I cleaned the house and did laundry. And after their playing I did more laundry!
 Caroline has flipped over the edge of this playground and a bigger one doing this.
A slow learner.
 After an afternoon filed with water and chalk we quickly took a bath and picked up dad.
From there we went to Chick-fil-A for dinner! My favorite kind of dinner - the noncooking and noncleaning kind!
The kids favorite kind too. Dinner accompanied with a playground and ice cream.
 Saturday was a busy day too. We started out by getting our little boy a hair cut. Followed by a Primary Party. The girls were too tired and hungry for the latter but Topher stayed with Tyler and had fun.
While the girls took a nap Tyler and I started to work on some projects. We worked for 6 hours. Kids played in the mud and chalk and dirt and water while we all enjoyed some nice weather.
The table bought at DI before it was sanded
 Chairs while they dried and table after a good sanding. Thanks dad!
  Notice her feet - the stripes are not dirt - just a tan!
 After we finally cleaned up our mess we enjoyed a block party BBQ, a water balloon fight, a pinata, a few fireworks, and the first 10 minutes of a movie. Caroline dropped off to bed around 8:30. Maddie Mae around 9:00 and Topher about 9:45. We wore them out. They did not get up until 7:30!

Mom and Dad tell me that when your kids grow up you forget all the bad times and just remember the good. Sometimes I am doubtful, but for this weekend, I do believe them. What great kids I am blessed with.

We had a great Father's day too. The kids made Tyler a coupon book full of hugs, kisses, and back scratches. We also got to talk to some of the best dad's in the world via Skype.
What a blessing it is to have such wonderful men in my life and in my children's lives. I can't wait to see everyone this summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment