Sunday, June 30, 2013

Fish Lake Reunion

The past two weeks have been crazy busy, but so much fun.
June 20 - 23 was the Carter (Tyler's mother) family reunion. We drove down and up to Fish Lake. Geographically Fish Lake is south, but it is over 9000 ft.
Mostly we all did different things at different times so I will just post some of what each person did during the weekend with the exception of:
Sleeping in a great a cabin. Enjoying spending time with family. I think we all got wet except Tyler. And wore matching family t-shirts!

Caroline & Christie - We were a little attached. Caroline played shy with all the family around. We both spent time throwing rocks into the lake. There is something about being near rocks and water that makes it impossible to avoid tossing in the rocks. Caroline even tossed in her paci to the creek. She did not expect it to so quickly go away from her. She started crying two seconds after the toss. I tried to rescue the paci, but had nothing to show for it but muddy shoes.
Maddie Mae - Spent a lot of time with her teenage cousins. I think she thinks she is a teenager with a a growth problem. The attitude is all there. She went out on the lake. She spent most of the weekend trying to talk me into putting on her swim suit despite the freezing water temperatures.
Topher - Honestly I don't know what he did the whole time. I saw him at meals regularly and at bed time. But between that I am not sure what he did. But at each meal he showed up a little dirtier, a little more scratched up, and always happy. I did see a fort he made, quite good.
Tyler - Spent the weekend chasing after Maddie Mae and Topher and spending time with family he has not seen in a while. 

I think the trip was a great success. Everyone came home tired, happy, and Topher and Maddie came home completely worn out and with no clean clothes.

As for pictures from this event, I have very little, my camera memory was full on the first day. I forgot to delete pictures before I left. So, Pat is sending me a disc and if I ever get around to it - I will add more pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment