Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Memorial Day 2014

While August was a rather difficult pregnancy, post labor was a breeze. I was so excited that I could get up and move around without feeling guilty that I should be laying down with my feet up that I went on a hike two weeks after having him. Tyler and I coordinated with his family a hike on Memorial Day. I can't remember which hike we went on, but it was about 2 miles up and 2 miles down. 

Fashion matters always. Maddie Mae had to wear her pink cowboy boots despite not being the best hiking shoes. And flowers in your hair work for any occasion. 


Topher has to be in front leading the group. Love this goofy kids outfits.

Caroline was excited for the hike during the first 200 yards. After that we had to carry her 35 lb body up and down the mountain. Talk about dead weight. And while there is no proof of this, I carried her at least a mile. I think I made up for not moving the prior 6 months in this one hike.




And the family picture we took was strange because someone was missing. Little August was smart and stayed home with gramma in the air conditioning.

 The end of the hike was pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment