Friday, December 4, 2015

Thanksgiving Break

We had a great Thanksgiving break. I didn't document with pictures too much - bummer. But we started the thanksgiving and celebrating with pie! 
I made pumpkin, pecan, coconut cream, banana cream, chocolate peanut butter and razzleberry. Friends brought key lime and strawberry-rhubarb pie. So we had plenty of pie to enjoy. I spent the first twenty minutes bathing August who had a blow out. So I don't know which pies the kids ate but by the time I joined the party most the kids were in the basement playing. 
 Near the end of pie night Peter and Jill showed up. 

The next day was Thanksgiving and on the menu was:
Turkey (I made my first turkey)
Gravy 
Stuffing
Mac&Cheese (Jill made this one)
Deviled Eggs (Peter and the kids tackled this)
Rolls (Kids helped Jill shape the rolls after Peter was kicked off for ugly rolls)
Sweet Potatoes (Tyler made)
Brussel Sprouts (a total let down - MN does not have the best fresh brussel sprout selection)
Jello (did not set up -sad)
It was a great meal! 

Friday we went out shopping for a bit. Played games. Relaxed. And decorated a tree! Afterwards we enjoyed candy canes, egg nog and hot chocolate!











The ornaments on the tree now no longer are found on the bottom two and half feet. August loves to pull off the balls and throw them down the stairs. 




Saturday Peter and Jill made us all french toast with hazelnut egg nog!!!!!
 Jill and I went shoe "shopping" and ate lunch with August. Peter and Tyler installed the garbage desposal (YAY!!).



When Jill and I returned home the boys went gun "shopping" and ate lunch. That evening we got a babysitter and went and saw Hunger Games. It was a good movie.

Sunday we went to church and Peter and Jill returned home!

It was a wonderful first Thanksgiving in our new home. 
We have been so blessed, Tyler and I. We have a good job that provides for us and that Tyler enjoys (most days!) We have a home! We have four wonderfully bright, healthy and beautiful children. We have family who lets us crash with them while we were a little down, and family that travels to help us move in and work with us to make this house a comfortable home for us, and we have family who takes time to visit and spend holidays with us. And we are so blessed to have the gospel. I am so grateful that I get to teach my children, especially this time of year about their Savior and what a gift he is and help them develop gratitude for Him. 





No comments:

Post a Comment