Monday, October 24, 2016

Updates

My last post was five weeks ago. Since then we have lost our job, finished projects in the house, listed the home, sold our home (23 hours on the market) and made plans to move to Georgia in 3 weeks.

Here are some of the pictures that were on the MLS listing. We (in a week) painted the entire basement, the kitchen cabinets white, touch up paint, put on 1/4 round, painted trim, caulked, pressure washed and general cleaning and decluttering. It was a tiring week. We had help from visiting teachers and home teachers. Which was amazing!
9709 42nd Street NE, Saint Michael, MN

9709 42nd Street NE, Saint Michael, MN

9709 42nd Street NE, Saint Michael, MN

9709 42nd Street NE, Saint Michael, MN

9709 42nd Street NE, Saint Michael, MN

9709 42nd Street NE, Saint Michael, MN

9709 42nd Street NE, Saint Michael, MN

9709 42nd Street NE, Saint Michael, MN

9709 42nd Street NE, Saint Michael, MN

9709 42nd Street NE, Saint Michael, MN

9709 42nd Street NE, Saint Michael, MN
It is amazing how life can flip upside down, though perhaps those words don't quite catch the sentiment I feel, in just a moment. We weren't completely surprised when Tyler was let go. Contracts had slowed down and nothing was on the horizon. At the same time, we did think we had time...so surprised or not, we found ourselves without a job in Minnesota. 

Since we never felt the need to stay here forever, we viewed this sudden change as a time to look for a place to settle and find a job that Tyler, hopefully, loves. All that considered. I will miss Minnesota more than I thought I would. I love the ward, the town, the schools and the friends we have made here. I felt home here quicker than any other of our moves. I wish I could pack this little community up and move it with us (preferably 2000 miles south). 

But in the midst of all that craziness, we still found time to enjoy fall. And, probably the coldest weather we will feel the rest of the year. 

We painted pumpkins. We still need to carve the big one.











I find it amazing that with all the craziness in Tyler's and my life right now, the kids are happy. Topher, who besides kindergarten, has not started a school year and finished in the same school once has an amazing attitude. Tonight he said that if Dad found a job in GA then he would be super excited because he would still have "his fishing buddy." Caroline and August are too little to mind. In fact, only two negative things have been said: First Topher complained about driving again (we are flying and now he is quite content) and Second Maddie complained about it not being cold enough to wear hats, scarfs, her many coats and sweaters.

Through this, perhaps not so positive life change, I have seen so many wonderful blessings. The kids attitudes are an amazing help. It is the biggest stress to us as parents to think how the changes will negatively effect out babies. So far, they are happy, positive and excited to see what is next. We sold the home in a day. Other homes are still on the market. Homes that are nice too. We feel blessed and comforted to sell so quickly (because showing a home with 4 kids is beyond horrible). We feel blessed that, though we bought the home only 13 months ago, we are making a profit. Not huge, but something.I feel blessed that I have had peace of mind through all of this. I have yet to stress about the uncertainty and unknown. (I have stressed about the logistics of packing and moving.) And mostly, I feel blessed because despite the rocky careers that Tyler and I have both had, I can honestly say that we have grown closer to eachother. 

So, with that, the big update is over, and I can get on to more important updates like trips to the pumpkin patch, which is next!

No comments:

Post a Comment