Tuesday, January 2, 2018

The Move

Early October 29th we loaded up and said goodbye to Georgia and headed up to Missouri.

The drive was uneventful - which is wonderful when your travelling with 4 kids, a baby and a cat. And your husband is driving a 28 foot truck and pulling a trailer!


We slept on the floor that night and the next morning we return the trucks, picked up Tyler's car from the airport. It was raining and cold, we had nothing in the house to sit on, play with, or eat (I hadn't gotten my refrigerator delivered yet) so we went to Golden Coral - not my favorite - and the kids had a blast.

That night, the 30th, members of the ward came and helped us unload. We all had mattresses to sleep on that night, even if we didn't have sheets or pillows.

The 31st was spent putting the house together and my refrigerator was delivered! Yay, food!


It took us a few more weeks to get moved in, it took three weeks for my washer and dryer to be delivered - horrible! I actually had to go to a laundry mat - that didn't have quarters - at 4:30 in the morning!



Soon after getting moved in it was time for Thanksgiving and Christmas. So here it is January 2nd and I still haven't unpacked and put things away yet - but, there is no rush and we'll get too it!






No comments:

Post a Comment