Friday, August 19, 2011

Six Years

Today Tyler and I celebrate six years of marriage. However, Tyler is currently residing in New Mexico and I in North Carolina. Thus, I have decided to spend my evening kick starting this blog.Since I can't spend my day/evening reminesing over the past six years with Tyler, I will do it here.

After a BYU-I ward co-ed rec soccer team I invited an apt of boys from the team over. As introductions were made, one kid stood out to me, Tyler. He was funny but a little strange. But, seeing as you know the end of the story it is needless to say Tyler and I started to hang out more frequently and our relationship evolved quickly (a few days) from friends to a couple.

As our relationship was developing a few things stand out as highlights of the relationship. I had him watch "Poltergist" with me on Halloween. It was during this movie I relized that I really did like him and wanted to spend more time with him.

Another was a XBOX wrestling video game. The game allowed you to create a character that looked like you; Tyler did this for me. I was kind of insulted by how the character looked, to me she was a little fat (I don't think I ever told that to Tyler) but he liked it and I was amused by how hard he tried to get the character "just right" (and yes, I was thin...at that time).

There must be something about movies for Tyler and I, because we started watching the Star Wars series and it was during the movie that Tyler first held my hand. I really don't remember which episode it was, but to be honest I really wasn't paying attention to the movie.

Mark, Tyler's roommate, had a soccer game that he wanted us to come watch. Tyler and I drove to the game, but it was raining so hard that you couldn't see out to watch the game. But, that also meant no one could see in and, at the soccer fields where we first met, I got my first kiss from him.

He took me to Utah to spend Thanksgiving with him (being from back East, your often beholden to charity for holiday invites). I met his family and enjoyed the time with them. But it was upon our return home that made that trip so memorable. When he dropped me off he first told me he loved me. Of course I knew he did, how could he not :)

A few weeks later we seperated; me going back to Georgia for the semester while he remained in Idaho. I honestly enjoyed that time apart. It confirmed to both of us that we wanted to be together. (I did not enjoy having my tonsils burned out of me during that time, but it was the best diet I've ever had.)

I flew back at the end of April, 10 lbs lighter, and he picked me up in the SLC airport. I didn't have a cell phone and couldn't find him so I had to borrow and elderly couple's phone to call him. I don't have a great memory, but I have a very vivid memory of seeing him in the airport. He was wearing a bright blue shirt with blue shoes that matched horribly and I thought he looked so darn hot and was so excited to see him excited to see me!

A week or so back in Idaho we went out to the movies again (May 8, 2005). Actually it was a really bad movie this time, something about the Crusades. Well anyways, after the movie I was tired and ready to go to bed, but Tyler wanted to stay out a little longer. I agreed as long as we drove where ever we went. He took me up to the soccer fields and told me he loved me and wanted to spend forever with me (of course he did!) I agreed that I wanted to spend forever with him and we were engaged.

August 19, 2005 we were married in the Timpanogos Temple. Undoubtly this was the best decison I've ever made. Tyler is a great guy, a great father, and an absolutely amazing husband. I hate that I am away from him today, but I get to look forward to 50 more years, so one apart isn't the end of the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment