Thursday, September 22, 2011

The First Week

I flew back on a Friday afternoon and spent much of that night up with kids - I was just happy to be able to hold them I didn't mind the sleep depervation.

Saturday - We went to Luke's soccer game. I look forward to watching my kids play, though more at the competitive level than the bunch-ball game of U6-U10. That afternoon we went to Allie's B-day party and enjoyed a BBQ. I cut my thumb pretty good with a plastic knife (I am special). I returned home to put curlers in Maddie's hair for church and Tyler took Topher to his brother's house to watch BYU lose.

Sunday Afternooon - Topher helped grandpa in the garden. They picked tomatoes for us. Pat made fried green tomatoes. I liked them. We also had steak for dinner, it was awesome.



Sunday Afternoon - Topher helped me make cinnamon rolls and frosting to go on top. Maddie and Topher then enjoyed a beater each.



Monday Morning - It was clean the house day. Topher showed Maddie how to wash windows. I love her hair in this picture - a cute little pony tail. The window did look better, however I think it took half a bottle of spray to clean the door.


Monday Afternoon - Tyler and I went to the doctor and got to see a picture of our new little baby. We didn't find out what we are having (I am shocked I didn't find out). Tyler and I both think it is a boy but, excitingly we don't know! Right now (and names change quickly for us - so don't tell us if you like it or not because it really doesn't matter to us) we like Cade Ammon (a combination of both Mom's maiden names - Carter and McQuade) and I've always like Benjamin Joseph or Ethan Wade. As for girl names we like Caroline Rose, Zoe Charlotte, Chalcie Anne, Amber Lee, and...I can't remember, but if I've told you and you know remind me!

Tuesday - I did laundry. Topher has this new phase he's going through...two or more shirts a day. I'll see him in one outfit in the morning, by lunch he is in a different one and sometimes after dinner he'll put on a third. I think it's because he can't choose between superheros/villains or football jerseys.

Wednesday - I don't think I did anything.

Thursday Morning - I called hospitals and sorted through all the many accounts we have. I hope my next child has normal ears.

Thursday Afternoon - Madelyn and I watched Grandma and Daddy mow the lawn and then enjoyed walking in the newly cut grass.



By the way - if it feels like I only post pictures of Maddie, it is not because she is my favorite it is simply four-year-old boys won't hold still for a picture. This is our attempt at a family picture.


Thursday Afternoon - Topher and Maddie blew bubbles. Maddie is still struggling with the difference between blowing bubbles and eating them. Babies must not have all their taste buds if you ask me.





Thursday Night - We had left over taco soup and grandma made Sloppy Joes. Maddie loved both and proceeded to painter herself orange with the sauce. After dinner she enjoyed a delicious brownie and caked on layer of chocolate on top of the tomato sauce. Grandma came to the rescue and bathed the little monster in the sink. Topher "helped" too.


Thursday Night - Topher and Madelyn decided to put to practice what they have learned in their bed time books and "hop on pop." I love the picture of Madelyn, her hair is all flying up around her face as she "hopped" on her dad!




Thursday Night - Maddie ended up in time out. I was cleaning up blocks and as I did she felt the need to throw them out of the box. I told her no, she looked at me and did it again. I told her if she did it again she would be put in time out. She picked up a block with two fingers, looked at me, and set it on the ground. I of course had to walk her over to time out and she sat there and took her one minute break. I honestly think she thought it was worth it.

Also, the new season of the office is on tonight - can't wait to watch! I don't think it will be as good, but I am still excited.

Friday is not here yet - but we do plan on washing sheets and have another clean the house day. It is amazing how messy a house can get with little people running around.

This is totally not part of this week, but I feel the need to share it, well not really share, just record it somewhere so I won't forget. While I was gone Topher was asked how are things going with just your dad there. He replied, "Not too good. Dad's not holding it together!" Haha...kids are so darn funny when their being honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment