Friday, September 30, 2011

Successful Picnic, Semi-Successful Fishing Trip

Another week is gone. My life has so much more purpose when I am with my family. I usually spend my time cleaning, washing and folding clothes, cooking for someone, or putting someone else to bed. But I love it and wouldn't change places with anyone!

Early yesterday Topher and Maddie found entertainment by running around the house. If only I could have their energy for one day!


In preparation for Grandma's fishing trip we went worm hunting. Maddie liked to carry her red chair around to watch everyone else work.



On Friday, Grandma and Grandpa got up early in the morning to go fishing. Later in the morning we packed up a lunch to join them for a picnic at Electra Lake, above Durango, CO. It was very pretty - the Aspen trees are all starting to change. However, we were driven off by a rainstorm later in the afternoon. But it was an enjoyable trip.

Sadly, this is my first "baby bump" picture, poor 3rd child.

Maddie knows who to butter up to get what she wants!

Maddie was begging for beef jerky from grandma.

Topher enjoyed climbing on the rocks in his Darth Vader gloves.

We actually got a semi-normal looking family picture!

Topher and Grandma took a walk to the end of the dock to check out the catch for the day.


After lunch Topher tried his hand at fishing (without a boat). This look says it all. "That's how you cast, suckas!"


But, after five minutes of "fishing" Topher became upset that no "fish got on [his] pole" and he found an alternative source of entertainment.

After we arrived Pat and Larry did not have as much luck with fishing. I think I know why...

Look at the end of Grandpa's fishing pole...no shock that Larry didn't catch another fish.



Topher was a little apprehensive about the fish that Grandma caught. But he did pet it. Maddie saw it and told us what a fish said!

Here is the haul of the day - both kids enjoyed looking at these fish and their little teeth.


After Grandma and Grandpa caught all the fish that would bite they showed Topher and Maddie how to clean the fish. Topher was very surprised that Grandma started to cut a fish that was still alive and it's mouth was still moving. I think this moved Grandma up on the cool list in his mind!



On our way to the lake we saw this rock formation and decided to check it out on the way home. It is a natural hot spring, the water wasn't warm but it wasn't cold either. I loved the colors of the rocks. Apparently the guy who's land it was on, way back in the day, use to bottle the water saying it would cure any illness!



Lastly, I discovered something totally awesome - my in-laws get conference on TV and they can record it. So, I can play with the kids during the day and at night, in peace, I can watch conference. I may get something out of it this year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment