Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fall Comforts

The fall weather makes me want to cook all sorts of yummy food. I've made cinnamon rolls, chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, snickerdoodles, pumpkin bread, and pound cake. And while we all enjoy the food I am not sure our waist line will appreciate it. Either way, the kids are loving the benefits of my now obsession. They get to snitch from the beaters each time I do.







In honor of the season Grandma got out her Cricut (sp?) and Topher and her made Halloween decorations. Topher enjoyed watching the die-cutter make spiders and pumpkins! I too enjoyed it and want one now too! Maddie didn't really help, instead she posed for the camera, I love how her little ankles are crossed!




Topher and I hung up his and Grandma's decorations outside on the window. I tried to get Topher to show of his creations but instead I got weird faces.





...finially a semi-normal looking pose. If I ever do scrapbooking (which I do think I could enjoy) there will be a whole year (at least) of Topher making faces or with his back turned to the camera.




So I have Maddie's Halloween costume ready to go - she is going to be a butterfly as per Topher's request. He figures last year she was a lady bug we might as well keep the insect theme going. As for Topher...we hear a change every day. Personally, I think Halloween was invented to torture parents. First we have to spend money and time and energy and money on these silly costumes so the kids can get candy they don't need and worse of all eat right away (which is usually after bed time). I can't wait until the country finally gets some common sense and ends the trick-or-treat practice once and for all (and the costume thing)!


As for non-kid related things in my life; not there is often any of that, but we have found some jobs to apply to lately which is nice and he has four interviews within the next week. It would be nicer to report that he has a job, but at least this gives us hope that maybe one day he will!


Also, I recieved a new calling in our New Mexico ward. Relief Society Secretary. While I am not too stressed out about this calling (organizing and taking notes and the such come natural to me) it feels like the first "adult" calling I've had. I've liked my past callings (nursey leader and 15 year old sunday school teacher and the such) I hope this one is enjoyable in its own way.


And lastly, while I suppose this is kid related (though I am attached to this kid) I can no longer see my toes when I stand up and look down. This means I will not sleep well until the baby comes. Most people told me to enjoy it while the baby was inside me because once the baby is born you don't sleep; well, I don't sleep for the last trimester of pregnancy and I prefer a few hours inbetween feedings than a whole night of discomfort. So, I am finally counting down - 13 weeks until I am due! And praying that it is only 11 (I want the tax ride off this year so I am keeping my fingers crossed for December 30/31!)



















No comments:

Post a Comment