Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mimi's Visit

Finally, after a few months, Mimi was able to visit us in our new home! Our belongings arrived the morning that her flight arrived. So, I spent the day unpacking the living room and bedrooms. That night she came home with Tyler; Maddie was a little unsure why her "Skype" Mimi was in our home, but it didn't take too long for Maddie to love this "real" Mimi as much as the "Skype and picture" Mimi!

It was nice to have my mom help me unpack and hook up the dryer.
We spent a lot of time at the park and riding bikes out front.
We enjoyed Drew and Jessie's company as well - an added benefit of Mom coming to visit, you see more family. I didn't have my camera on me all that much during the week - but Drew and Jessie posted pictures of a walk we took and other fun times on their blog. We celebrated Easter and my birthday while she was here. I turned 27 and enjoyed cupcakes with sprinkles!
Caroline in her Easter dress!
 Maddie Mae in her Easter dress after finding her basket!
My handsome Topher on Easter morning!
While Easter dinner was being prepared, Jessi set up an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids!
The side effects of the visit have resulted in Maddie asking for Mimi when Mom and Dad make her do things she doesn't want to do; ex. hair, timeout, sometimes bedtime.We miss her :(

1 comment: