Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Potty Training

A few years ago my Christmas letter was broken down by months. Each containing a recap of what happened that month. Each month had something in common - potty training Topher. Topher was difficult. Whether it was because he was a boy, stubborn, or not ready, it was a year long ordeal with him.

Since then I have been dreading the process with Maddie. But after my Mom went home I decided to get to work. I bought My Little Pony and pink panties, potty candy, cleaner, extra towels, and the only little toilette that did not sing or talk! I went grocery shopping a day earlier in preparation for my week in exile. And, as Maddie Mae is not quite two, I was not overly hopeful this would work. In fact, the only reason I took it on is she showed some interest.

The panties were quite a hit.


I can now report that we rarely have an accident during the day. We can leave the house without diapers on or for Maddie. And with the savings, as mom said, we may be able to pay off the national debt.

One more left - I think dad is ready for her to be trained!

 





No comments:

Post a Comment