Friday, April 19, 2013

Happy Birthday Topher!

This year Topher turned 6. It was his first birthday party with friends! He chose to have an Avengers themed birthday party. His birthday fell on a Saturday this year and we scheduled it for the 30th! I thought I was so smart - his birthday was at the tail-end of Spring Break and right before Easter. I thought if we invited 14 kids we would have about 4 show up (my kind of party).
 But, Maddie, Topher, and Caroline decided to get sick. We postponed the party and had a family party instead.
 I love how in all the following pictures there is something/someone sitting on Topher's presents.

What a pretty girl.

Topher got a bike for his birthday! And a helmet!
 After we all were feeling better we re-delivered invitations. (Notice the difference?!)
So, we had 14 kids at Topher's party, only one did not show up. It was work, but it was worth it; Topher had a blast. I don't know if I could or want to do it every year, but I am glad I did it for him this year!
Tyler drew all these! Totally why I married him - free party decorations!
Girls wanted to get dressed up as heroes too!
My mother-in-law, Pat, and I made all these the night before! So glad she helped!
Each cape has their first initial.
On the wall we had pin-the-hammar-on-Thor!
At the table the kids could make their own super hero masks.
Nope - not ambitious enough to make the cake! Go Wal-mart!
In the game we hid something in all the balloons. They had to pop them though to find a villian! What a mess!
The kids after they defeated the balloons.
We didn't plan on the kids having weapons. But we let them play the last 15 minutes of the party. They found all the weapons. We had enough for 14 kids to each have at least one weapon; many had more. Sad considering I only have 3 kids.
Love all the little heroes. Especially super-snow-white.

What a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment