Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My 29th Birthday

I am not huge on parties. And I know that even after 9 years of marriage Tyler is still slightly confused as to why I don't really care what I do or get for my birthday, but I don't. This year however was my 29th birthday. I figured it is the last year in my 20s, my last year to still be considered young, so I wanted to celebrate.

For my birthday I wanted to celebrate all week. Kicking it off the weekend before my birthday by going out with Tyler's family. I requested J Dogs for dinner and Captain America for entertainment. Friday night we went out. I can't prove this, but Pat bought the tickets for the movie and I know how ready she is to see her new little grand baby, but our seats were way up top. So after walking up and down the stairs (I am pregnant, you have to go to the bathroom during the movie with someone sitting on your bladder) a few times I just didn't feel right. 

The next day we met Tyler's family for ice cream. It was close to the hospital and I asked Tyler if he minded if we ran over and I got checked out by Labor and Delivery. An hour later I was in full labor. They loaded me up and transferred me via ambulance to Utah Valley in Provo where they have a more equipped NICU. They loaded me up with a litany of drugs to stop labor and after four hours of labor it began to slow down. 
I had an ultrasound the next morning that showed he was footling breech and they (the team of doctors I met down there) felt uneasy about letting me go home. So, I was put on hospital bed rest until I delivered or he flipped. 

I spent my actual birthday there...a total of seven nights and six days. How totally boring. He flipped Friday morning and I was released to continue bed rest at home. This was week 32 of this pregnancy. A little early for him to make his grand entrance into the world.

Here are some pictures of the one visit the kids took to my hospital room. Kids and hospitals are just a bad idea. Chairs with wheels, buttons galore and cupboards full of things we don't have at home just makes for a bad combination. I think this visit lasted around 20 minutes. 

 I should throw this in though, there are only two Krispy Kreme shops in Utah. One in the airport and one rather close to the hospital. I did get a dozen donuts for my actual birthday. So perhaps it wasn't a total loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment