Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Happy Birthday Topher

Topher turned 7 this year! One more year and I will have a kid baptized and in cub scouts! Tyler actually enjoyed cub scouts so Topher, at the very least, will pass off cub scouts. Personally I think it has something to do with pine wood derby.
Anyways, I am not sure I took any pictures of Topher opening his presents. If I did I will add them as I find them, but he recieved money, Ranger Rick, Darth Vader (that Maddie Mae uses with her barbies as a dad), football cards, and a few other things.
This year Topher had one request, not for a gift, but a cake. A Star Wars cake. He wanted it to be half chocolate for the Dark Side and half vanilla for the Jedi. I was actually impressed with that so I agreed. Tyler and I stayed up way later than I like and messed with fondant for the first time. I have to say that the homemade cake (chocolate cake had 2 cups of brown sugar) was totally awesome. And it didn't look too bad either!
I enjoy birthdays. It causes you to reflect on the time you have had with the kid and time time you will have with the kid. Topher finishes first grade in three weeks. He is growing up so incredibly fast. Sometimes I love that I have this big kid to play with. Who reminds me that I need to be sitting down because I am on bed rest. Who when he helps out around the house is actually useful. But I really miss baby and toddler Topher too. He was the best baby I could possibly have had. He made my transition to motherhood easy. I will have to quote my mom and say, "I just thought I was a great mom." He slept throught the night by 3 weeks old! He was happy, thoughtful, and kind. He is still those things just with a little more sword chopping and football tackling! He is such a blessing to us and I am so incredibly glad he is my son.




No comments:

Post a Comment