Sunday, November 20, 2011

First Snow

The other week we woke to our first snow fall - about 2 inches in all. Topher and Madelyn were excited to go outside (I know Madelyn was becuase she cooperated while I was getting her dressed.)
Once we were outside I think Maddie had a change in heart about snow. It really irritated her that her shoes were getting "dirty." She kept looking down and saying "shoes, shoes, shoes!" (There is a video of this at the end of the post - once again to lazy to worry about order). She was only content if she was being held (after we brushed her shoes off). She is a little bit of a priss if you ask me! I am amused by the picture looking down over my tummy. It is amusing me that my tummy gets in the way of seeing my toes and whinning kids.However, Topher really did enjoy the snow. First thing he did was run out and make a snowball to throw at Tyler and I. He also rememeberd how to make a snow angel. Tyler tricked him into pulling on the tree branch, bringing down quite a bit of snow on him. Overall, I think Topher is a fan of snow.After about 15 minutes in the snow Maddie and I came back inside and she enjoyed a nice warm bath. This was much more to her liking - one her shoes couldn't get dirty, it was warm, and of course it was a bath which allows her to swim and splash. Topher, after an hour or so realized that his hands and toes were cold and came in and snuggled with his dad under a warm towel.

No comments:

Post a Comment