Sunday, November 6, 2011

Halloween 2011

After selecting the perfect pumpkin the previous week we were ready to carve. Tyler drew out a few different ideas for pumpkin faces and Topher selected what he thought was the scariest pumpkin face. Maddie was a great help in cleaning out the pumpkin. However, she did gross me out by trying to eat the goo (I am sure she succeeded sometimes). Topher was Iron Man for Halloween this year. It was hard to get him to hold still or even to find him to take a picture so I don't have any of just him. However, Maddie was avaliable for some pictures before we started the festivities. She was a butterfly. Topher picked out her costume; he figures she was a ladybug last year and we should stick with the bug theme. I think Maddie had a different idea of what she wanted to be. I think butterfly might be too sweet for her. So, she took initiative and became a gun-toting butterfly. I think it works for her.Both Topher and Maddie pause for a moment for me to get a picture. Topher is my tough Iron Man and Maddie is my "sweet and delicate" butterfly. Both girls with purple and wings. Mara, who Maddie loves, was a purple bug. I think they are quite a cute little pair! Maddie caught on to the concept of trick-or-treating very quickly. She walked right up to the person and stuck out her pumpkin. Occasionally she even said "please" or more often "candy." The contrast between the two kids is kind of amusing to me. Topher, at her age, held back in the crowd and only liked to go up to cars if he was the only kid; Maddie however, is not afraid of all the big kids and I think would have pushed them out of the way if necessary. I wonder if it is all their personality or the fact that Maddie has grown up with another kid in the house. Either way, my cute little butterfly got lots of yummy candy that she couldn't wait to enjoy. It was hard to get pictures of Topher actually trick-or-treating this year. He took off with his cousisns and sometimes by himself, leaving me, Maddie, and the camera behind. But, he did show off the rewards of his labor - he was most excitied about a purple whistle (I wish I could egg that persons house.

No comments:

Post a Comment