Sunday, May 24, 2015

One

One. 
My baby turned one this month. How fast time went by and how much has changed. 
Starting in September of 2013 I wasn't sure we would have a little baby to celebrate a birthday with. For seven more months I held off on naming the little person. I didn't shop. I just waited to see if he would make it. I am so blessed that he did. 
One year ago this stubborn and resilient little person made it here. Completely healthy and perfect.
It seems that time speeds up when you most want it to slow down. Newborns only last a couple months. Babies only last a year. What a precious year the first one is.
While I no longer have a baby, I have an amusing, curious, assertive, active, quiet and confident toddler. Some where around 9 months you begin to see their personalities come out. August is just down right amusing. He almost never "talks" but he smirks and teases. 
We celebrated his birthday a day early this year so Topher and Tyler could go on the father and son camp out. For some reason Tyler didn't want to take August! Maybe in a few more years. 












 This is August on his actual birthday - too busy to take a picture.
Happy Birthday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment