Saturday, January 7, 2012

Caroline Tyler Thompson

I found out I was pregnant with this sweet little girl on Friday, May 13, 2011. She was a "surprise" baby. Tyler and I, after a few days of letting it sink in were very happy. We decided to let her gender by a surprise. It was fun!
She is the prettiest little girl. Blond hair and a sweet round face. I am so lucky to have such sweet babies. I am glad she is here. I love her. So here is the story...
As 12am on January 5th I started feeling contractions. They became regular and around 2am when the contractions were about 3 minutes apart I was getting ready to call the midwife but, they started to taper off and I was able to get to sleep. Around 5:30 the contractions started again and woke me up. We timed them for two hours and just like before they were regular and strong. But, once again, after two hours they stopped.
Tyler and I decided to go on a walk to help things along. At 2:30 I went to the midwife because the contractions had started again. She decided I was far enough along (a 4 and 80%) to go.
The midwife (Michele) sent me to the hospital to get the antibiotic (I was strep B positive) started. You have to have that for 4 hours before you have the baby to eliminate any risk. So, from 2:30 - 9:00 at night I walked the halls of the hospital.
Grandma and Grandpa brought the kids up to tell me goodnight (and so they could get blue ice cream in town).
At 10:30 the midwife broke my water and still contractions did not pick up.
At 11:15 things started to move along more quickly (and painfully) so we arranged for the epidural (my friend during delivery). The girl that was going to give it to me got called into an emergency Cesarian and I had to wait.
12:30 I got the epidural (I was at a 5).
12:45 the epidural was not working (I was at an 8).
12:50 the epidural was not working (I was at a 10).
12:52 the epidural was not working - I was pushing (ouch).
1:01 after five pushes the baby was here. We did not know what we were having and Tyler surprised me by telling me it was a girl!
Caroline Tyler entered this world at 1:01am. She weighed 7lbs 15oz and was 21.5 inches long. She has really long toes and fingers - monkey toes!The kids came to see their baby sister the next morning. Maddie was excited to see a baby. She was very helpful and pointed out (sometimes a little aggressively) the different features on her face and body (eyes, hands, ears, cheeks...). Topher was sweet with her. He actually touched her unlike with Maddie, but for the most part, I don't think newborns interest him all that much. There are two cute videos at the end of the post of the kids meeting their sister

Grandpa and his newest little granddaughter.
Tyler and his little namesake!Tyler and I are so happy that sweet Caroline Tyler came to our family!


1 comment:

  1. Those are some priceless videos! And after having 2 kids "naturally"...I literally feel your pain=) We can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete