Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tis the Season

I must say this Christmas was an interesting one.
On December 21 I started having regular contractions; about 7 to 9 minutes apart and lasting about 1 minute. I laid down and they gradually went away. Now usually I am all for having the baby as fast as I can (I don't love being pregnant). But, the stomach flu was making its rounds in the house. Grandma and Grandpa had been sick the previous week and Maddie caught the flu the previous Saturday night and was still recovering. Anyways, it was a real blessing that baby did not make its entry into the world that night because I then caught the flu; followed by Topher. Of course it was not just my family in the house, and consequently, not the only one with this lovely ailment.
As we recovered from the stomach flu we all (except Tyler) got a terrible cold. We had runny noses and horrible coughs. Topher decided to get pink eye. And, as the kids' colds came to a close they developed a red itchy rash all over their bodies.
In the midst of all these wonderful symptoms we were able to celebrate the birth of Christ and enjoy time with family. Though, the food was good, I don't think anyone gained too much weight this year. I try to find the good in a situation - though, I am a little upset that I did not get to enjoy Pat's wonderful cooking as much as I wanted to :(
But, now that Christmas is over, it looks as though we are on the mend (I still have a yucky cough and nose). I think I can now look forward to having this baby. I am hoping that we can have a illness free week before this baby joins us!

No comments:

Post a Comment