Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas Day

I enjoy Christmas more and more each year. Despite the illnesses that were going around it was fun seeing the kids excited to open gifts and happy with what they received this year. It looked like we had two little boys when it came to Santa gifts this year but both were well received. Christmas is better as a parent than it ever was as a child...hmm...maybe not the year I got a scooter (and Holly) or the year we both got our roller blades. Boy did those get used a lot!
Kids were excited to go see what Santa brought them - we're mean parents and make them wait till we're ready! I love Maddie Mae's hair and Topher's smile in these pictures! Such cute kids I have.Maddie really liked her Santa gift this year. It was quite the hit. I love how she bends over to inspect the track.
Santa this year faced a quandary of what to get Topher. But it looks like Santa did a good job and he really enjoys his pirate ship.Maddie and Topher enjoyed playing with eachothers gifts. Santa is smart to bring a toy to Maddie that they both would enjoy :)After we opened and played with gifts from Santa, we got ready for church. I kinda enjoy Christmas on Sunday. It helps refocus the meaning of Christmas and I love the Christmas hymns. I was spoiled growing up in Powder Springs with so many musically talented people. I miss that.My favorite part of Christmas is always the food. I am so glad that mom and dad were smart enough to start this tradition. This is one that will for sure be continued in my home. I love the salami and pastrami with Havarti or Gouda on a table cracker. Yum. Can't wait till next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment