Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve at the Thompson's includes all sorts of yummy food. They prepare a variety of finger foods that are just great for little kids to eat and delicious for adults! Such great food makes for a great evening!


This year the kids did the Christmas story for their play. Topher was a cute shepherd. After the play, the kids sang Away in a Manger and I am a Child of God. It was sweet. I didn't realize that pictures were being taken - that is me curled up in the background - pathetic.
Christmas Eve our kids opened their one gift. Both Tyler and my family did this growing up and I think we will continue it. Though, unlike both of our families, I don't think I'll let them choose their own present to open, I'll probably always tell them which one to open (yes, I know I am a control freak) because I like the idea of new pajamas for Christmas morning pictures.
Anyways, this year Maddie got her first Barbie and Topher recieved a robot.
Topher waited so patiently to open. He was the last (youngest that was awake). He was so darn cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment