Monday, April 27, 2015

Goodbye Twenties, Hellow Thirties

I am thirty. Yup, finally I am in the same decade with Tyler. Not sure why we didn't take one picture of me, but we didn't. We had BBQ and cake. The only picture I have to document this years celebration is Caroline post cake eating.
 
 
I have enjoyed my twenties. In no particular order: I went to college. Graduated from college. Dated. Got engaged. Got married. Taught English for 4 years. Help put Tyler through school. Had two baby boys. Had two baby girls. Moved nine times. Gained weight. Lost weight. Gained weight. Dyed my hair red, brown and blond. Had a page boy hair cut.  Had long hair. Survived 8 months of bed rest. Had a kid start school. Coached my son's soccer team. Learned where all the good parks are in South Jordan. Potty trained three kids. Learned how to navigate the medical insurance world. Lost a job. Started a new job. Moved East to West and back to the East. Made friends and said goodbye to friends. Started decorating cakes. Enjoyed time with family in Utah, New Mexico, North Carolina and Georgia. Learned obscure character names in Star Wars. And so much more.
Twenties taught me patience. That happiness is a choice and I prefer to be happy. My twenties taught me I do not know everything and I am not in control. My twenties have lifted me up and humbled me. My twenties provided opportunities to try and fail and succeed. My twenties allowed me to develop stronger relationships with my siblings and parents.
I have loved my twenties. But I can't wait to see where the next decade takes me. I can't wait to see where my family will be in 10 years - I will have a son on a mission! I will have a daughter dating age! I will have a beehive and an 11 year old scout! What a wonderful ten years I have to look forward to.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment